As filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on August 27, 2020
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933
For Depositary Shares Evidenced by American Depositary Receipts
Tiziana Life Sciences plc
(Exact name of issuer of deposited securities as specified in its charter)
(Translation of issuer's name into English)
England and Wales
(Jurisdiction of incorporation or organization of issuer)
JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A.
(Exact name of depositary as specified in its charter)
383 Madison Avenue, Floor 11, New York, New York 10179
Telephone (800) 990-1135
(Address, including zip code, and telephone number, including area code, of depositary's principal executive offices)
Tiziana Therapeutics, Inc.
420 Lexington Avenue, Suite 2525
New York, NY 10170
(646) 396 4072
(Address, including zip code, and telephone number, including area code, of agent for service)
Scott A. Ziegler, Esq.
Ziegler, Ziegler & Associates LLP
570 Lexington Avenue, Suite 2405
New York, New York 10022
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (UK) LLP
London EC2V 6DN
+44 (0) 20 7825-4620
It is proposed that this filing become effective under Rule 466
☒ immediately upon filing
☐ on ____ at ____ (EST)
If a separate registration statement has been filed to register the deposited shares, check the following box. ☒
CALCULATION OF REGISTRATION FEE
Title of each class of
Securities to be registered
to be registered
|Proposed maximum aggregate price per unit (1)||
aggregate offering price (2)
|American Depositary Shares evidenced by American Depositary Receipts, each American Depositary Share representing two ordinary shares of Tiziana Life Sciences plc||200,000,000||$0.05||$10,000,000||$1298|
|(1)||Each unit represents one American Depositary Share.|
|(2)||Estimated solely for the purpose of calculating the registration fee. Pursuant to Rule 457(k), such estimate is computed on the basis of the maximum aggregate fees or charges to be imposed in connection with the issuance of American Depositary Receipts evidencing American Depositary Shares.|
INFORMATION REQUIRED IN PROSPECTUS
The Prospectus consists of the proposed form of American Depositary Receipt ("ADR" or "American Depositary Receipt") included as Exhibit A to the form of Amendment No. 2 to Deposit Agreement filed herewith as Exhibit (a)(4) to this Registration Statement on Form F-6, which is incorporated herein by reference.
Item 1. DESCRIPTION OF SECURITIES TO BE REGISTERED
CROSS REFERENCE SHEET
Item Number and Caption
Location in Form of American Depositary
Receipt Filed Herewith as Prospectus
|(1)||Name and address of Depositary||Introductory paragraph and bottom of face of American Depositary Receipt|
|(2)||Title of American Depositary Receipts and identity of deposited securities||Face of American Depositary Receipt, top center|
|Terms of Deposit:|
|(i)||Amount of deposited securities represented by one unit of American Depositary Shares||Face of American Depositary Receipt, upper right corner|
|(ii)||Procedure for voting, if any, the deposited securities||Paragraph (12)|
|(iii)||Collection and distribution of dividends||Paragraphs (4), (5), (7) and (10)|
|(iv)||Transmission of notices, reports and proxy soliciting material||Paragraphs (3), (8) and (12)|
|(v)||Sale or exercise of rights||Paragraphs (4), (5) and (10)|
|(vi)||Deposit or sale of securities resulting from dividends, splits or plans of reorganization||Paragraphs (4), (5), (10) and (13)|
|(vii)||Amendment, extension or termination of the Deposit Agreement||Paragraphs (16) and (17)|
|(viii)||Rights of holders of ADRs to inspect the transfer books of the Depositary and the list of Holders of ADRs||Paragraph (3)|
|(ix)||Restrictions upon the right to deposit or withdraw the underlying securities||Paragraphs (1), (2), (4), and (5)|
|(x)||Limitation upon the liability of the Depositary||Paragraph (14)|
|(3)||Fees and Charges||Paragraph (7)|
Item 2. AVAILABLE INFORMATION
Item Number and Caption
Location in Form of American Depositary
Receipt Filed Herewith as Prospectus
|(a)||Statement that Tiziana Life Sciences plc is subject to the periodic reporting requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and, accordingly files certain reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission, and that such reports can be inspected by holders of American Depositary Receipts and copied through the EDGAR system or at public reference facilities maintained by the Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C.||Paragraph (8)|
INFORMATION NOT REQUIRED IN PROSPECTUS
Item 3. EXHIBITS
|(a)(1)||Form of Deposit Agreement. Form of Deposit Agreement dated as of , 2018 among Tiziana Life Sciences plc, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as depositary (the "Depositary"), and all holders from time to time of ADRs issued thereunder (the "Deposit Agreement"). Previously filed.|
|(a)(2)||Form of Amendment No. 1 to Deposit Agreement. Previously filed.|
|(a)(3)||Form of Amendment No. 2 to Deposit Agreement. Previously filed.|
|(a)(4)||Form of American Depositary Receipt. Filed herewith as Exhibit (a)(4).|
|(b)||Any other agreement to which the Depositary is a party relating to the issuance of the American Depositary Shares registered hereunder or the custody of the deposited securities represented thereby. Not Applicable.|
|(c)||Every material contract relating to the deposited securities between the Depositary and the issuer of the deposited securities in effect at any time within the last three years. Not Applicable.|
|(d)||Opinion of Ziegler, Ziegler & Associates LLP, counsel to the Depositary, as to the legality of the securities being registered. Filed herewith as Exhibit (d).|
|(e)||Certification under Rule 466. Filed herewith as Exhibit (e).|
|(f)||Powers of Attorney for certain officers and directors and the authorized representative of the Company. Previously filed.|
Item 4. UNDERTAKINGS
|(a)||The Depositary hereby undertakes to make available at the principal office of the Depositary in the United States, for inspection by holders of the American Depositary Receipts, any reports and communications received from the issuer of the deposited securities which are both (1) received by the Depositary as the holder of the deposited securities, and (2) made generally available to the holders of the underlying securities by the issuer.|
|(b)||If the amounts of fees charged are not disclosed in the prospectus, the Depositary undertakes to prepare a separate document stating the amount of any fee charged and describing the service for which it is charged and to deliver promptly a copy of such fee schedule without charge to anyone upon request. The Depositary undertakes to notify each registered holder of an American Depositary Receipt thirty days before any change in the fee schedule.|
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. on behalf of the legal entity created by the Deposit Agreement, certifies that it has reasonable grounds to believe that all the requirements for filing on Form F-6 are met and has duly caused this Registration Statement on Form F-6 to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunto duly authorized, in The City of New York, State of New York, on August 26, 2020.
Legal entity created by the form of Deposit Agreement for the issuance of ADRs evidencing American Depositary Shares
|By:||JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A., as Depositary|
|By:||/s/ Timothy E. Green|
Timothy E. Green
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Act of 1933, Tiziana Life Sciences plc certifies that it has reasonable grounds to believe that all the requirements for filing on Form F-6 are met and has duly caused this Registration Statement on Form F-6 to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunto duly authorized, in London, England on August 26, 2020.
Tiziana Life Sciences plc
|By:||/s/ Kunwar Shailubhai|
Chief Executive Officer and Director
(principal executive officer)
Under the requirements of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, this Registration Statement on Form F-6 has been signed by the following persons on August 26, 2020, in the capacities indicated.
|Chief Executive Officer and Director|
(principal executive officer)
Finance Director (principal financial and accounting officer)
SIGNATURE OF AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE REGISTRANT
Under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, the undersigned, the duly authorized representative in the United States of Tiziana Therapeutics, Inc., has signed this Registration Statement on Form F-6 in Norristown, Pennsylvania, on August 26, 2020.
Authorized U.S. Representative
|By:||/s/ Kunwar Shailubhai|
(principal executive officer)
INDEX TO EXHIBITS
Form of American Depositary Receipt
Opinion of Counsel to the Depositary
Rule 466 Certification
|No. of ADSs:|
|Each ADS represents|
AMERICAN DEPOSITARY RECEIPT
AMERICAN DEPOSITARY SHARES
TIZIANA LIFE SCIENCES PLC
(Incorporated under the laws of England and Wales)
JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A., a national banking association organized under the laws of the United States of America, as depositary hereunder (the "Depositary"), hereby certifies that __________ is the registered owner (a "Holder") of ____________ American Depositary Shares ("ADSs"), each (subject to paragraph (13) (Changes Affecting Deposited Securities)) representing two ordinary shares (including the rights to receive Shares described in paragraph (1) (Issuance of ADSs), "Shares" and, together with any other securities, cash or property from time to time held by the Depositary in respect or in lieu of deposited Shares, the "Deposited Securities"), of Tiziana Life Sciences plc, a corporation organized under the laws of England and Wales (the "Company"), deposited under the Deposit Agreement dated as of November 19, 2018 (as amended from time to time, the "Deposit Agreement") among the Company, the Depositary and all Holders from time to time of American Depositary Receipts issued thereunder ("ADRs"), each of whom by accepting an ADR becomes a party thereto. The Deposit Agreement and this ADR (which includes the provisions set forth on the reverse hereof) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York without giving effect to the application of the conflict of law principles thereof. All capitalized terms used herein, and not defined herein, shall have the meanings ascribed to such terms in the Deposit Agreement.
(1) Issuance of ADSs.
(a) Issuance. This ADR is one of the ADRs issued under the Deposit Agreement. Subject to the other provisions hereof, the Depositary may so issue ADRs for delivery at the Transfer Office (as hereinafter defined) only against deposit of: (i) Shares in a form satisfactory to the Custodian; or (ii) rights to receive Shares from the Company or any registrar, transfer agent, clearing agent or other entity recording Share ownership or transactions.
(b) Lending. In its capacity as Depositary, the Depositary shall not lend Shares or ADSs.
(c) Representations and Warranties of Depositors. Every person depositing Shares under the Deposit Agreement represents and warrants that:
|(i)||such Shares and the certificates therefor are duly authorized, validly issued and outstanding, fully paid, nonassessable and legally obtained by such person,|
|(ii)||all pre-emptive and comparable rights, if any, with respect to such Shares have been validly waived or exercised,|
|(iii)||the person making such deposit is duly authorized so to do,|
|(iv)||the Shares presented for deposit are free and clear of any lien, encumbrance, security interest, charge, mortgage or adverse claim and|
|(v)||such Shares (A) are not "restricted securities" as such term is defined in Rule 144 under the Securities Act of 1933 ("Restricted Securities") unless at the time of deposit the requirements of paragraphs (c), (e), (f) and (h) of Rule 144 shall not apply and such Shares may be freely transferred and may otherwise be offered and sold freely in the United States or (B) have been registered under the Securities Act of 1933. To the extent the person depositing Shares is an "affiliate" of the Company as such term is defined in Rule 144, the person also represents and warrants that upon the sale of the ADSs, all of the provisions of Rule 144 which enable the Shares to be freely sold (in the form of ADSs) will be fully complied with and, as a result thereof, all of the ADSs issued in respect of such Shares will not be on the sale thereof, Restricted Securities|
Such representations and warranties shall survive the deposit and withdrawal of Shares and the issuance and cancellation of ADSs in respect thereof and the transfer of such ADSs.
(d) The Depositary may refuse to accept for such deposit any Shares identified by the Company in order to facilitate compliance with the requirements of the Securities Act of 1933 or the Rules made thereunder.
(2) Withdrawal of Deposited Securities. Subject to paragraphs (4) (Certain Limitations to Registration, Transfer etc.) and (5) (Liability of Holder for Taxes, Duties and Other Charges), upon surrender of (a) a certificated ADR in a form satisfactory to the Depositary at the Transfer Office or (b) proper instructions and documentation in the case of a Direct Registration ADR, the Holder hereof is entitled to delivery at, or to the extent in dematerialized form from, the Custodian's office of the Deposited Securities at the time represented by the ADSs evidenced by this ADR. At the request, risk and expense of the Holder hereof, the Depositary may deliver such Deposited Securities at such other place as may have been requested by the Holder. Notwithstanding any other provision of the Deposit Agreement or this ADR, the withdrawal of Deposited Securities may be restricted only for the reasons set forth in General Instruction I.A.(1) of Form F-6 (as such instructions may be amended from time to time) under the Securities Act of 1933.
(3) Transfers, Split-Ups and Combinations of ADRs. The Depositary or its agent will keep, at a designated transfer office (the "Transfer Office"), (i) a register (the "ADR Register") for the registration, registration of transfer, combination and split-up of ADRs, and, in the case of Direct Registration ADRs, shall include the Direct Registration System, which at all reasonable times will be open for inspection by Holders and the Company for the purpose of communicating with Holders in the interest of the business of the Company or a matter relating to the Deposit Agreement and (ii) facilities for the delivery and receipt of ADRs. The term ADR Register includes the Direct Registration System. Title to this ADR (and to the Deposited Securities represented by the ADSs evidenced hereby), when properly endorsed (in the case of ADRs in certificated form) or upon delivery to the Depositary of proper instruments of transfer, is transferable by delivery with the same effect as in the case of negotiable instruments under the laws of the State of New York; provided that the Depositary, notwithstanding any notice to the contrary, may treat the person in whose name this ADR is registered on the ADR Register as the absolute owner hereof for all purposes and neither the Depositary nor the Company will have any obligation or be subject to any liability under the Deposit Agreement to any holder of an ADR, unless such holder is the Holder thereof. Subject to paragraphs (4) and (5), this ADR is transferable on the ADR Register and may be split into other ADRs or combined with other ADRs into one ADR, evidencing the aggregate number of ADSs surrendered for split-up or combination, by the Holder hereof or by duly authorized attorney upon surrender of this ADR at the Transfer Office properly endorsed (in the case of ADRs in certificated form) or upon delivery to the Depositary of proper instruments of transfer and duly stamped as may be required by applicable law; provided that the Depositary may close the ADR Register or any portion thereof at any time or from time to time when deemed expedient by it, and it may also close the issuance book portion of the ADR Register when reasonably requested by the Company solely in order to enable the Company to comply with applicable law. At the request of a Holder, the Depositary shall, for the purpose of substituting a certificated ADR with a Direct Registration ADR, or vice versa, execute and deliver a certificated ADR or a Direct Registration ADR, as the case may be, for any authorized number of ADSs requested, evidencing the same aggregate number of ADSs as those evidenced by the certificated ADR or Direct Registration ADR, as the case may be, substituted.
(4) Certain Limitations to Registration, Transfer etc. Prior to the issue, registration, registration of transfer, split-up or combination of any ADR, the delivery of any distribution in respect thereof, or, subject to the last sentence of paragraph (2) (Withdrawal of Deposited Securities), the withdrawal of any Deposited Securities, and from time to time in the case of clause (b)(ii) of this paragraph (4), the Company, the Depositary or the Custodian may require:
(a) payment with respect thereto of (i) any stock transfer or other tax or other governmental charge, (ii) any stock transfer or registration fees in effect for the registration of transfers of Shares or other Deposited Securities upon any applicable register and (iii) any applicable charges as provided in paragraph (7) (Charges of Depositary) of this ADR;
(b) the production of proof satisfactory to it of (i) the identity of any signatory and genuineness of any signature and (ii) such other information, including without limitation, information as to citizenship, residence, exchange control approval, beneficial ownership of any securities, compliance with applicable law, regulations, provisions of or governing Deposited Securities and terms of the Deposit Agreement and this ADR, as it may deem necessary or proper; and
(c) compliance with such regulations as the Depositary may establish consistent with the Deposit Agreement.
The issuance of ADRs, the acceptance of deposits of Shares, the registration, registration of transfer, split-up or combination of ADRs or, subject to the last sentence of paragraph (2) (Withdrawal of Deposited Securities), the withdrawal of Deposited Securities may be suspended, generally or in particular instances, when the ADR Register or any register for Deposited Securities is closed or when any such action is deemed advisable by the Depositary.
(5) Liability of Holder for Taxes, Duties and Other Charges. If any tax or other governmental charges (including any penalties and/or interest) shall become payable by or on behalf of the Custodian or the Depositary with respect to this ADR, any Deposited Securities represented by the ADSs evidenced hereby or any distribution thereon, such tax or other governmental charge shall be paid by the Holder hereof to the Depositary and by holding or having held an ADR the Holder and all prior Holders hereof, jointly and severally, agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless each of the Depositary and its agents in respect thereof. The Depositary may refuse to effect any registration, registration of transfer, split-up or combination hereof or, subject to the last sentence of paragraph (2) (Withdrawal of Deposited Securities), any withdrawal of such Deposited Securities until such payment is made. The Depositary may also deduct from any distributions on or in respect of Deposited Securities, or may sell by public or private sale for the account of the Holder hereof any part or all of such Deposited Securities (after attempting by reasonable means to notify the Holder hereof prior to such sale), and may apply such deduction or the proceeds of any such sale in payment of such tax or other governmental charge, the Holder hereof remaining liable for any deficiency, and shall reduce the number of ADSs evidenced hereby to reflect any such sales of Shares. In connection with any distribution to Holders, the Company will remit to the appropriate governmental authority or agency all amounts (if any) required to be withheld and owing to such authority or agency by the Company; and the Depositary and the Custodian will remit to the appropriate governmental authority or agency all amounts (if any) required to be withheld and owing to such authority or agency by the Depositary or the Custodian. If the Depositary determines that any distribution in property other than cash (including Shares or rights) on Deposited Securities is subject to any tax that the Depositary or the Custodian is obligated to withhold, the Depositary may dispose of all or a portion of such property in such amounts and in such manner as the Depositary deems necessary and practicable to pay such taxes, by public or private sale, and the Depositary shall distribute the net proceeds of any such sale or the balance of any such property after deduction of such taxes to the Holders entitled thereto. Each Holder of an ADR or an interest therein agrees to indemnify the Depositary, the Company, the Custodian and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates against, and hold each of them harmless from, any claims by any governmental authority with respect to taxes, additions to tax, penalties or interest arising out of any refund of taxes, reduced rate of withholding at source or other tax benefit obtained which obligations shall survive any transfer or surrender of ADSs or the termination of the Deposit Agreement.
(6) Disclosure of Interests.
(a) General. To the extent that the provisions of or governing any Deposited Securities may require disclosure of or impose limits on beneficial or other ownership of, or interests in, Deposited Securities, other Shares and other securities and may provide for blocking transfer, voting or other rights to enforce such disclosure or limits, Holders and all persons holding ADRs agree to comply with all such disclosure requirements and ownership limitations and to comply with any reasonable Company instructions in respect thereof. The Company reserves the right to instruct Holders to deliver their ADSs for cancellation and withdrawal of the Deposited Securities so as to permit the Company to deal directly with the Holder thereof as a holder of Shares and Holders agree to comply with such instructions. The Depositary agrees to cooperate with the Company in its efforts to inform Holders of the Company's exercise of its rights under this paragraph and agrees to consult with, and provide reasonable assistance without risk, liability or expense on the part of the Depositary, to the Company on the manner or manners in which it may enforce such rights with respect to any Holder.
Notwithstanding any provision of the Deposit Agreement or of the ADRs and without limiting the foregoing, by being a Holder, each such Holder agrees to provide such information as the Company may request in a disclosure notice (a "Disclosure Notice") given pursuant to the United Kingdom Companies Act 2006 (as amended from time to time and including any statutory modification or re-enactment thereof, the "Companies Act") or the Articles of Association of the Company. By accepting or holding an ADR, each Holder acknowledges that it understands that failure to comply with a Disclosure Notice may result in the imposition of sanctions against the holder of the Shares in respect of which the non-complying person is or was, or appears to be or has been, interested as provided in the Companies Act and the Articles of Association which currently include, the withdrawal of the voting rights of such Shares and the imposition of restrictions on the rights to receive dividends on and to transfer such Shares. In addition, by accepting or holding an ADR each Holder agrees to comply with the provisions of the United Kingdom Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules (as amended from time to time, the "DTRs") with regard to the notification to the Company of interests in Shares and certain financial instruments, which currently provide, inter alia, that a Holder must notify the Company of the percentage of its voting rights he holds as shareholder or holds or is deemed to hold through his direct or indirect holding of certain financial instruments (or a combination of such holdings) if the percentage of those voting rights (i) reaches, exceeds or falls below 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10% and each 1% threshold thereafter up to 100% as a result of an acquisition or disposal of Shares or certain financial instruments, or (ii) reaches, exceeds or falls below such applicable thresholds as a result of events changing the breakdown of voting rights and on the basis of information disclosed by the Company in accordance with the DTRs. The notification must be effected as soon as possible, but not later than two trading days after the Holder (a) learns of the acquisition or disposal or of the possibility of exercising voting rights, or on which, having regard to the circumstances, should have learned of it, regardless of the date on which the acquisition, disposal or possibility of exercising voting rights takes effect, or (b) is informed of the event mentioned in (ii) above.
(7) Charges of Depositary.
(a) Rights of the Depositary. The Depositary may charge, and collect from, (i) each person to whom ADSs are issued, including, without limitation, issuances against deposits of Shares, issuances in respect of Share Distributions, Rights and Other Distributions (as such terms are defined in paragraph (10) (Distributions on Deposited Securities)), issuances pursuant to a stock dividend or stock split declared by the Company, or issuances pursuant to a merger, exchange of securities or any other transaction or event affecting the ADSs or the Deposited Securities, and (ii) each person surrendering ADSs for withdrawal of Deposited Securities or whose ADSs are cancelled or reduced for any other reason U.S.$5.00 for each 100 ADSs (or portion thereof) issued, delivered, reduced, cancelled or surrendered, or upon which a Share Distribution or elective distribution is made or offered (as the case may be). The Depositary may sell (by public or private sale) sufficient securities and property received in respect of Share Distributions, Rights and Other Distributions prior to such deposit to pay such charge.
(b) Additional Charges by the Depositary. The following additional charges shall also be incurred by the Holders, by any party depositing or withdrawing Shares or by any party surrendering ADSs and/or to whom ADSs are issued (including, without limitation, issuances pursuant to a stock dividend or stock split declared by the Company or an exchange of stock regarding the ADSs or the Deposited Securities or a distribution of ADSs pursuant to paragraph (10) (Distributions on Deposited Securities), whichever is applicable:
|(i)||a fee of U.S.$0.05 or less per ADS held for any Cash distribution made, or for any elective cash/stock dividend offered, pursuant to the Deposit Agreement,|
|(ii)||a fee of U.S.$1.50 per ADR or ADRs for transfers made pursuant to paragraph (3) hereof,|
|(iii)||a fee for the distribution or sale of securities pursuant to paragraph (10) hereof, such fee being in an amount equal to the fee for the execution and delivery of ADSs referred to above which would have been charged as a result of the deposit of such securities (for purposes of this paragraph (7) treating all such securities as if they were Shares) but which securities or the net cash proceeds from the sale thereof are instead distributed by the Depositary to Holders entitled thereto,|
|(iv)||an aggregate fee of U.S.$0.05 or less per ADS per calendar year (or portion thereof) for services performed by the Depositary in administering the ADRs (which fee may be charged on a periodic basis during each calendar year and shall be assessed against Holders as of the record date or record dates set by the Depositary during each calendar year and shall be payable at the sole discretion of the Depositary by billing such Holders or by deducting such charge from one or more cash dividends or other cash distributions), and|
|(v)||a fee for the reimbursement of such fees, charges and expenses as are incurred by the Depositary and/or any of its agents (including, without limitation, the Custodian and expenses incurred on behalf of Holders in connection with compliance with foreign exchange control regulations or any law or regulation relating to foreign investment) in connection with the servicing of the Shares or other Deposited Securities, the sale of securities (including, without limitation, Deposited Securities), the delivery of Deposited Securities or otherwise in connection with the Depositary's or its Custodian's compliance with applicable law, rule or regulation (which fees and charges shall be assessed on a proportionate basis against Holders as of the record date or dates set by the Depositary and shall be payable at the sole discretion of the Depositary by billing such Holders or by deducting such charge from one or more cash dividends or other cash distributions).|
(c) Other Obligations and Charges. The Company will pay all other charges and expenses of the Depositary and any agent of the Depositary (except the Custodian) pursuant to agreements from time to time between the Company and the Depositary, except:
|(i)||stock transfer or other taxes and other governmental charges (which are payable by Holders or persons depositing Shares);|
|(ii)||SWIFT, cable, telex and facsimile transmission and delivery charges incurred at the request of persons depositing, or Holders delivering Shares, ADRs or Deposited Securities (which are payable by such persons or Holders);|
|(iii)||transfer or registration fees for the registration or transfer of Deposited Securities on any applicable register in connection with the deposit or withdrawal of Deposited Securities (which are payable by persons depositing Shares or Holders withdrawing Deposited Securities (there are no such fees in respect of the Shares as of the date of the Deposit Agreement); and|
|(iv)||in connection with the conversion of foreign currency into U.S. dollars, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (“JPMorgan”) shall deduct out of such foreign currency the fees, expenses and other charges charged by it and/or its agent (which may be a division, branch or affiliate) so appointed in connection with such conversion. JPMorgan and/or its agent may act as principal for such conversion of foreign currency. Such charges may at any time and from time to time be changed by agreement between the Company and the Depositary. For further details see https://www.adr.com.|
(d) Disclosure of Potential Depositary Payments. The Depositary anticipates reimbursing the Company for certain expenses incurred by the Company that are related to the establishment and maintenance of the ADR program upon such terms and conditions as the Company and the Depositary may agree from time to time. The Depositary may make available to the Company a set amount or a portion of the Depositary fees charged in respect of the ADR program or otherwise upon such terms and conditions as the Company and the Depositary may agree from time to time.
(e) The right of the Depositary to receive payment of fees, charges and expenses as provided above shall survive the termination of the Deposit Agreement. As to any Depositary, upon the resignation or removal of such Depositary, such right shall extend for those fees, charges and expenses incurred prior to the effectiveness of such resignation or removal.
(8) Available Information. The Deposit Agreement, the provisions of or governing Deposited Securities and any written communications from the Company, which are both received by the Custodian or its nominee as a holder of Deposited Securities and made generally available to the holders of Deposited Securities, are available for inspection by Holders at the offices of the Depositary and the Custodian, at the Transfer Office or on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s website. The Depositary will distribute copies of such communications (or English translations or summaries thereof) to Holders when furnished by the Company. The Company is subject to the periodic reporting requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and accordingly files certain reports with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the "Commission"). Such reports and other information may be inspected and copied through the Commission’s EDGAR system or at public reference facilities maintained by the Commission located at the date hereof at 100 F Street, NE, Washington, DC 20549.
(9) Execution. This ADR shall not be valid for any purpose unless executed by the Depositary by the manual or facsimile signature of a duly authorized officer of the Depositary.
|JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A., as Depositary|
The Depositary's office is located at 383 Madison Avenue, Floor 11, New York, New York 10179.
[FORM OF REVERSE OF ADR]
(10) Distributions on Deposited Securities. Subject to paragraphs (4) (Certain Limitations to Registration, Transfer etc.) and (5) (Liability of Holder for Taxes, Duties and other Charges), to the extent practicable, the Depositary will distribute as soon as reasonably practicable to each Holder entitled thereto on the record date set by the Depositary therefor at such Holder's address shown on the ADR Register, in proportion to the number of Deposited Securities (on which the following distributions on Deposited Securities are received by the Custodian) represented by ADSs evidenced by such Holder's ADRs:
(a) Cash. Any U.S. dollars available to the Depositary resulting from a cash dividend or other cash distribution or the net proceeds of sales of any other distribution or portion thereof authorized in this paragraph (10) ("Cash"), on an averaged or other practicable basis, subject to (i) appropriate adjustments for taxes withheld, (ii) such distribution being impermissible or impracticable with respect to certain Holders, and (iii) deduction of the Depositary's and/or its agents' fees and expenses in (1) converting any foreign currency to U.S. dollars by sale or in such other manner as the Depositary may determine to the extent that it determines that such conversion may be made on a reasonable basis, (2) transferring foreign currency or U.S. dollars to the United States by such means as the Depositary may determine to the extent that it determines that such transfer may be made on a reasonable basis, (3) obtaining any approval or license of any governmental authority required for such conversion or transfer, which is obtainable at a reasonable cost and within a reasonable time and (4) making any sale by public or private means in any commercially reasonable manner.
(b) Shares. (i) Additional ADRs evidencing whole ADSs representing any Shares available to the Depositary resulting from a dividend or free distribution on Deposited Securities consisting of Shares (a "Share Distribution") and (ii) U.S. dollars available to it resulting from the net proceeds of sales of Shares received in a Share Distribution, which Shares would give rise to fractional ADSs if additional ADRs were issued therefor, as in the case of Cash.
(c) Rights. (i) Warrants or other instruments in the discretion of the Depositary representing rights to acquire additional ADRs in respect of any rights to subscribe for additional Shares or rights of any nature available to the Depositary as a result of a distribution on Deposited Securities ("Rights"), to the extent that the Company timely furnishes to the Depositary evidence satisfactory to the Depositary that the Depositary may lawfully distribute the same (the Company has no obligation to so furnish such evidence), or (ii) to the extent the Company does not so furnish such evidence and sales of Rights are practicable, any U.S. dollars available to the Depositary from the net proceeds of sales of Rights as in the case of Cash, or (iii) to the extent the Company does not so furnish such evidence and such sales cannot practicably be accomplished by reason of the nontransferability of the Rights, limited markets therefor, their short duration or otherwise, nothing (and any Rights may lapse).
(d) Other Distributions. (i) Securities or property available to the Depositary resulting from any distribution on Deposited Securities other than Cash, Share Distributions and Rights ("Other Distributions"), by any means that the Depositary may deem equitable and practicable, or (ii) to the extent the Depositary deems distribution of such securities or property not to be equitable and practicable, any U.S. dollars available to the Depositary from the net proceeds of sales of Other Distributions as in the case of Cash. The Depositary reserves the right to utilize a division, branch or affiliate of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. to direct, manage and/or execute any public and/or private sale of securities hereunder. Such division, branch and/or affiliate may charge the Depositary a fee in connection with such sales, which fee is considered an expense of the Depositary contemplated above and/or under paragraph (7) (Charges of Depositary). Any U.S. dollars available will be distributed by checks drawn on a bank in the United States for whole dollars and cents. Fractional cents will be withheld without liability and dealt with by the Depositary in accordance with its then current practices. All purchases and sales of securities will be handled by the Depositary in accordance with its then current policies, which are currently set forth in the "Depositary Receipt Sale and Purchase of Security" section of https://www.adr.com/Investors/FindOutAboutDRs, the location and contents of which the Depositary shall be solely responsible for.
(11) Record Dates. The Depositary may, after consultation with the Company if practicable, fix a record date (which, to the extent applicable, shall be as near as practicable to any corresponding record date set by the Company) for the determination of the Holders who shall be responsible for the fee assessed by the Depositary for administration of the ADR program and for any expenses provided for in paragraph (7) hereof as well as for the determination of the Holders who shall be entitled to receive any distribution on or in respect of Deposited Securities, to give instructions for the exercise of any voting rights, to receive any notice or to act in respect of other matters and only such Holders shall be so entitled or obligated.
(12) Voting of Deposited Securities.
(a) Notice of any Meeting or Solicitation. Subject to the next sentence, as soon as practicable after receipt of notice of any meeting at which the holders of Shares are entitled to vote, or of solicitation of consents or proxies from holders of Shares or other Deposited Securities, the Depositary shall fix the ADS record date in accordance with paragraph (11) above in respect of such meeting or solicitation of consent or proxy. The Depositary shall, if requested by the Company in writing in a timely manner (the Depositary having no obligation to take any further action if the request shall not have been received by the Depositary at least 30 days prior to the date of such vote or meeting) and at the Company's expense and provided no legal prohibitions exist, distribute to Holders a notice stating (i) such information as is contained in such notice and any solicitation materials, (ii) that each Holder on the record date set by the Depositary therefor will, subject to any applicable provisions of English law, be entitled to instruct the Depositary as to the exercise of the voting rights, if any, pertaining to the Deposited Securities represented by the ADSs evidenced by such Holder's ADRs and (iii) the manner in which such instructions may be given, including instructions to give a discretionary proxy to a person designated by the Company. There is no guarantee that Holders generally or any Holder in particular will receive the notice described above with sufficient time to enable such Holder to return any voting instructions to the Depositary in a timely manner.
(b) Voting of Deposited Securities. Upon actual receipt by the ADR department of the Depositary of instructions of a Holder on such record date in the manner and on or before the time established by the Depositary for such purpose, the Depositary shall endeavor insofar as practicable and permitted under the provisions of or governing Deposited Securities to vote or cause to be voted the Deposited Securities represented by the ADSs evidenced by such Holder's ADRs in accordance with such instructions. The Depositary will not itself exercise any voting discretion in respect of any Deposited Securities. Notwithstanding anything contained in the Deposit Agreement or any ADR, the Depositary may, to the extent not prohibited by law or regulations, or by the requirements of the stock exchange on which the ADSs are listed, in lieu of distribution of the materials provided to the Depositary in connection with any meeting of, or solicitation of consents or proxies from, holders of Deposited Securities, distribute to the Holders a notice that provides Holders with, or otherwise publicizes to Holders, instructions on how to retrieve such materials or receive such materials upon request (i.e., by reference to a website containing the materials for retrieval or a contact for requesting copies of the materials). Holders are strongly encouraged to forward their voting instructions as soon as possible. Voting instructions will not be deemed received until such time as the ADR department responsible for proxies and voting has received such instructions notwithstanding that such instructions may have been physically received by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as Depositary, prior to such time.
(13) Changes Affecting Deposited Securities.
(a) Subject to paragraphs (4) (Certain Limitations to Registration, Transfer etc.) and (5) (Liability of Holder to Taxes, Duties and Other Charges), the Depositary may, in its discretion, and shall if reasonably requested by the Company, amend this ADR or distribute additional or amended ADRs (with or without calling this ADR for exchange) or cash, securities or property on the record date set by the Depositary therefor to reflect any change in par value, split-up, consolidation, cancellation or other reclassification of Deposited Securities, any Share Distribution or Other Distribution not distributed to Holders or any cash, securities or property available to the Depositary in respect of Deposited Securities from (and the Depositary is hereby authorized to surrender any Deposited Securities to any person and, irrespective of whether such Deposited Securities are surrendered or otherwise cancelled by operation of law, rule, regulation or otherwise, to sell by public or private sale any property received in connection with) any recapitalization, reorganization, merger, consolidation, liquidation, receivership, bankruptcy or sale of all or substantially all the assets of the Company.
(b) To the extent the Depositary does not so amend this ADR or make a distribution to Holders to reflect any of the foregoing, or the net proceeds thereof, whatever cash, securities or property results from any of the foregoing shall constitute Deposited Securities and each ADS evidenced by this ADR shall automatically represent its pro rata interest in the Deposited Securities as then constituted.
(c) Promptly upon the occurrence of any of the aforementioned changes affecting Deposited Securities, the Company shall notify the Depositary in writing of such occurrence and as soon as practicable after receipt of such notice from the Company, may instruct the Depositary to give notice thereof, at the Company's expense, to Holders in accordance with the provisions hereof. Upon receipt of such instruction, the Depositary shall give notice to the Holders in accordance with the terms thereof, as soon as reasonably practicable.
(a) The Depositary, the Company, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates and each of them shall: (i) incur no liability to Holders or beneficial owners of ADSs (A) if any present or future law, rule, regulation, fiat, order or decree of the United States, England, Wales or any other country or jurisdiction, or of any governmental or regulatory authority or any securities exchange or market or automated quotation system, the provisions of or governing any Deposited Securities, any present or future provision of the Company's articles of association, any act of God, war, terrorism, nationalization, expropriation, currency restrictions, work stoppage, strike, civil unrest, revolutions, rebellions, explosions, computer failure or circumstance beyond its direct and immediate control shall prevent or delay, or shall cause any of them to be subject to any civil or criminal penalty in connection with, any act which the Deposit Agreement or this ADR provides shall be done or performed by it or them (including, without limitation, voting pursuant to paragraph (12) hereof), or (B) by reason of any non-performance or delay, caused as aforesaid, in the performance of any act or things which by the terms of the Deposit Agreement it is provided shall or may be done or performed or any exercise or failure to exercise any discretion given it in the Deposit Agreement or this ADR (including, without limitation, any failure to determine that any distribution or action may be lawful or reasonably practicable); (ii) assume no liability to Holders or beneficial owners of ADSs except to perform its obligations to the extent they are specifically set forth in this ADR and the Deposit Agreement without gross negligence or willful misconduct; (iii) in the case of the Depositary and its agents, be under no obligation to appear in, prosecute or defend any action, suit or other proceeding in respect of any Deposited Securities or this ADR; (iv) in the case of the Company and its agents hereunder be under no obligation to appear in, prosecute or defend any action, suit or other proceeding in respect of any Deposited Securities or this ADR, which in its opinion may involve it in expense or liability, unless indemnity satisfactory to it against all expense (including fees and disbursements of counsel) and liability be furnished as often as may be required; and (v) not be liable to Holders or beneficial owners of ADSs for any action or inaction by it in reliance upon the advice of or information from legal counsel, accountants, any person presenting Shares for deposit, any Holder, or any other person believed by it to be competent to give such advice or information. The Depositary shall not be liable for the acts or omissions made by, or the insolvency of, any securities depository, clearing agency or settlement system.
(b) The Depositary. The Depositary shall not be responsible for, and shall incur no liability in connection with or arising from, the insolvency of any Custodian that is not a branch or affiliate of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. The Depositary shall not have any liability for the price received in connection with any sale of securities, the timing thereof or any delay in action or omission to act nor shall it be responsible for any error or delay in action, omission to act, default or negligence on the part of the party so retained in connection with any such sale or proposed sale. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Deposit Agreement (including the ADRs), subject to the penultimate sentence of this paragraph (14), the Depositary shall not be responsible for, and shall incur no liability in connection with or arising from, any act or omission to act on the part of the Custodian except to the extent that any Holder has incurred liability directly as a result of the Custodian having (i) committed fraud or willful misconduct in the provision of custodial services to the Depositary or (ii) failed to use reasonable care in the provision of custodial services to the Depositary as determined in accordance with the standards prevailing in the jurisdiction in which the Custodian is located.
(c) The Depositary, its agents and the Company may rely and shall be protected in acting upon any written notice, request, direction, instruction or document believed by them to be genuine and to have been signed, presented or given by the proper party or parties.
(d) The Depositary shall be under no obligation to inform Holders or any other holders of an interest in any ADSs about the requirements of the laws, rules or regulations or any changes therein or thereto of any country or jurisdiction or of any governmental or regulatory authority or any securities exchange or market or automated quotation system.
(e) The Depositary and its agents will not be responsible for any failure to carry out any instructions to vote any of the Deposited Securities, for the manner in which any such vote is cast or for the effect of any such vote.
(f) The Depositary may rely upon instructions from the Company or its counsel in respect of any approval or license required for any currency conversion, transfer or distribution.
(g) The Depositary and its agents may own and deal in any class of securities of the Company and its affiliates and in ADRs.
(h) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth in the Deposit Agreement or an ADR, the Depositary and its agents may fully respond to any and all demands or requests for information maintained by or on its behalf in connection with the Deposit Agreement, any Holder or Holders, any ADR or ADRs or otherwise related hereto or thereto to the extent such information is requested or required by or pursuant to any lawful authority, including without limitation laws, rules, regulations, administrative or judicial process, banking, securities or other regulators.
(i) None of the Depositary, the Custodian or the Company shall be liable for the failure by any Holder or beneficial owner to obtain the benefits of credits or refunds of non-U.S. tax paid against such Holder's or beneficial owner's income tax liability.
(j) The Depositary and the Company shall not incur any liability for any tax or tax consequences that may be incurred by Holders and beneficial owners, or any of them, on account of their ownership or disposition of the ADRs or ADSs.
(k) The Depositary shall not incur any liability for the content of any information submitted to it by or on behalf of the Company for distribution to the Holders or for any inaccuracy of any translation thereof, for any investment risk associated with acquiring an interest in the Deposited Securities, for the validity or worth of the Deposited Securities, for the credit-worthiness of any third party, for allowing any rights to lapse upon the terms of the Deposit Agreement or for the failure or timeliness of any notice from the Company.
(l) The Depositary shall not be liable for any acts or omissions made by a successor depositary whether in connection with a previous act or omission of the Depositary or in connection with any matter arising wholly after the removal or resignation of the Depositary.
(m) By holding an ADS or an interest therein, Holders and owners of ADSs each irrevocably agree that any legal suit, action or proceeding against or involving the Company or the Depositary, arising out of or based upon the Deposit Agreement, the ADSs or the transactions contemplated herein, therein or hereby, may only be instituted in a state or federal court in New York, New York, and by holding an ADS or an interest therein each irrevocably waives any objection which it may now or hereafter have to the laying of venue of any such proceeding, and irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding.
(n) The Company has agreed to indemnify the Depositary and its agents under certain circumstances and the Depositary has agreed to indemnify the Company under certain circumstances.
(o) Neither the Depositary nor any of its agents shall be liable to Holders or beneficial owners of interests in ADSs for any indirect, special, punitive or consequential damages (including, without limitation, legal fees and expenses) or lost profits, in each case of any form incurred by any person or entity, whether or not foreseeable and regardless of the type of action in which such a claim may be brought.
(p) No disclaimer of liability under the Securities Act of 1933 or the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, to the extent applicable, is intended by any provision thereof.
(15) Resignation and Removal of Depositary; the Custodian.
(a) Resignation. The Depositary may resign as Depositary by written notice of its election so to do delivered to the Company, such resignation to take effect upon the appointment of a successor depositary and its acceptance of such appointment as provided in the Deposit Agreement.
(b) Removal. The Depositary may at any time be removed by the Company by no less than 60 days' prior written notice of such removal, to become effective upon the later of (i) the 60th day after delivery of the notice to the Depositary and (ii) the appointment of a successor depositary and its acceptance of such appointment as provided in the Deposit Agreement.
(c) The Custodian. The Depositary may appoint substitute or additional Custodians and the term "Custodian" refers to each Custodian or all Custodians as the context requires.
(16) Amendment. Subject to the last sentence of paragraph (2) (Withdrawal of Deposited Securities), the ADRs and the Deposit Agreement may be amended by the Company and the Depositary, provided that any amendment that imposes or increases any fees or charges (other than stock transfer or other taxes and other governmental charges, transfer or registration fees, SWIFT, cable, telex or facsimile transmission costs, delivery costs or other such expenses), or that shall otherwise prejudice any substantial existing right of Holders, shall become effective 30 days' after notice of such amendment shall have been given to the Holders. Every Holder of an ADR at the time any amendment to the Deposit Agreement so becomes effective shall be deemed, by continuing to hold such ADR, to consent and agree to such amendment and to be bound by the Deposit Agreement as amended thereby. In no event shall any amendment impair the right of the Holder of any ADR to surrender such ADR and receive the Deposited Securities represented thereby, except in order to comply with mandatory provisions of applicable law. Any amendments or supplements which (i) are reasonably necessary (as agreed by the Company and the Depositary) in order for (a) the ADSs to be registered on Form F-6 under the Securities Act of 1933 or (b) the ADSs or Shares to be traded solely in electronic book-entry form and (ii) do not in either such case impose or increase any fees or charges to be borne by Holders, shall be deemed not to prejudice any substantial rights of Holders. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if any governmental body or regulatory body should adopt new laws, rules or regulations which would require amendment or supplement of the Deposit Agreement or the form of ADR to ensure compliance therewith, the Company and the Depositary may amend or supplement the Deposit Agreement and the ADR at any time in accordance with such changed laws, rules or regulations. Such amendment or supplement to the Deposit Agreement in such circumstances may become effective before a notice of such amendment or supplement is given to Holders or within any other period of time as required for compliance. Notice of any amendment to the Deposit Agreement or form of ADRs shall not need to describe in detail the specific amendments effectuated thereby, and failure to describe the specific amendments in any such notice shall not render such notice invalid, provided, however, that, in each such case, the notice given to the Holders identifies a means for Holders to retrieve or receive the text of such amendment (i.e., upon retrieval from the Commission’s, the Depositary's or the Company's website or upon request from the Depositary).
(17) Termination. The Depositary may, and shall at the written direction of the Company, terminate the Deposit Agreement and this ADR by mailing notice of such termination to the Holders at least 30 days prior to the date fixed in such notice for such termination; provided, however, if the Depositary shall have (i) resigned as Depositary hereunder, notice of such termination by the Depositary shall not be provided to Holders unless a successor depositary shall not be operating hereunder within 45 days of the date of such resignation, or (ii) been removed as Depositary hereunder, notice of such termination by the Depositary shall not be provided to Holders unless a successor depositary shall not be operating hereunder on the 60th day after the Company's notice of removal was first provided to the Depositary. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Depositary may terminate the Deposit Agreement without notice to the Company, but subject to giving 30 days’ notice to the Holders, under the following circumstances: (i) in the event of the Company’s bankruptcy or insolvency, (ii) if the Shares cease to be listed on an internationally recognized stock exchange, (iii) if the Company effects (or will effect) a redemption of all or substantially all of the Deposited Securities, or a cash or share distribution representing a return of all or substantially all of the value of the Deposited Securities, or (iv) there occurs a merger, consolidation, sale of assets or other transaction as a result of which securities or other property are delivered in exchange for or in lieu of Deposited Securities.
After the date so fixed for termination, the Depositary and its agents will perform no further acts under the Deposit Agreement and this ADR, except to receive and hold (or sell) distributions on Deposited Securities and deliver Deposited Securities being withdrawn. As soon as practicable after the expiration of six months from the date so fixed for termination, the Depositary shall use its reasonable efforts to sell the Deposited Securities and shall thereafter (as long as it may lawfully do so) hold in an account (which may be a segregated or unsegregated account) the net proceeds of such sales, together with any other cash then held by it under the Deposit Agreement, without liability for interest, in trust for the pro rata benefit of the Holders of ADRs not theretofore surrendered. After making such sale, the Depositary shall be discharged from all obligations in respect of the Deposit Agreement and this ADR, except to account for such net proceeds and other cash and for any indemnification obligations it may have to the Company with respect to acts or omissions prior to such termination. After the date so fixed for termination, the Company shall be discharged from all obligations under the Deposit Agreement except for its obligations to the Depositary and its agents.
(18) Appointment; Acknowledgements and Agreements. Each Holder and each owner or person holding an interest in ADSs or ADRs, upon acceptance of any ADSs or ADRs (or any interest in any of them) issued in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Deposit Agreement shall be deemed for all purposes to (a) be a party to and bound by the terms of the Deposit Agreement and the applicable ADR(s), (b) appoint the Depositary its attorney-in-fact, with full power to delegate, to act on its behalf and to take any and all actions contemplated in the Deposit Agreement and the applicable ADR(s), to adopt any and all procedures necessary to comply with applicable law and to take such action as the Depositary in its sole discretion may deem necessary or appropriate to carry out the purposes of the Deposit Agreement and the applicable ADR(s), the taking of such actions to be the conclusive determinant of the necessity and appropriateness thereof, and (c) acknowledge and agree that (i) nothing in the Deposit Agreement or any ADR shall give rise to a partnership or joint venture among the parties thereto nor establish a fiduciary or similar relationship among such parties, (ii) the Depositary, its divisions, branches and affiliates, and their respective agents, may from time to time be in the possession of non-public information about the Company, Holders, owners of ADSs and/or their respective affiliates, (iii) the Depositary and its divisions, branches and affiliates may at any time have multiple banking relationships with the Company, Holders, owners of ADSs and/or the affiliates of any of them, (iv) the Depositary and its divisions, branches and affiliates may, from time to time, be engaged in transactions in which parties adverse to the Company or the Holders or owners of ADSs may have interests, (v) nothing contained in the Deposit Agreement or any ADR(s) shall (A) preclude the Depositary or any of its divisions, branches or affiliates from engaging in such transactions or establishing or maintaining such relationships, or (B) obligate the Depositary or any of its divisions, branches or affiliates to disclose such transactions or relationships or to account for any profit made or payment received in such transactions or relationships, and (vi) the Depositary shall not be deemed to have knowledge of any information held by any branch, division or affiliate of the Depositary.
(19) Waiver. EACH PARTY TO THE DEPOSIT AGREEMENT (INCLUDING, FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, EACH HOLDER AND BENEFICIAL OWNER OF, AND/OR HOLDER OF INTERESTS IN, ADSS OR ADRS) HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST THE DEPOSITARY AND/OR THE COMPANY DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SHARES OR OTHER DEPOSITED SECURITIES, THE ADSs OR THE ADRs, THE DEPOSIT AGREEMENT OR ANY TRANSACTION CONTEMPLATED HEREIN OR THEREIN, OR THE BREACH HEREOF OR THEREOF (WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, COMMON LAW OR ANY OTHER THEORY).
(20) Elective Distributions in Cash or Shares. Whenever the Company intends to distribute a dividend payable at the election of the holders of Shares in cash or in additional Shares, the Company shall give notice thereof to the Depositary at least 30 days prior to the proposed distribution stating whether or not it wishes such elective distribution to be made available to Holders. Upon receipt of notice indicating that the Company wishes such elective distribution to be made available to Holders, the Depositary shall consult with the Company to determine, and the Company shall assist the Depositary in its determination, whether it is lawful and reasonably practicable to make such elective distribution available to the Holders. The Depositary shall make such elective distribution available to Holders only if (i) the Company shall have timely requested that the elective distribution is available to Holders, (ii) the Depositary shall have determined that such distribution is reasonably practicable and (iii) the Depositary shall have received satisfactory documentation within the terms of Section 14 of the Deposit Agreement including, without limitation, any legal opinions of counsel in any applicable jurisdiction that the Depositary in its reasonable discretion may request, at the expense of the Company. If the above conditions are not satisfied, the Depositary shall, to the extent permitted by law, distribute to the Holders, on the basis of the same determination as is made in the local market in respect of the Shares for which no election is made, either (x) cash or (y) additional ADSs representing such additional Shares. If the above conditions are satisfied, the Depositary shall establish a record date and establish procedures to enable Holders to elect the receipt of the proposed dividend in cash or in additional ADSs. The Company shall assist the Depositary in establishing such procedures to the extent necessary. Nothing herein shall obligate the Depositary to make available to Holders a method to receive the elective dividend in Shares (rather than ADSs). There can be no assurance that Holders generally, or any Holder in particular, will be given the opportunity to receive elective distributions on the same terms and conditions as the holders of Shares.
Ziegler, Ziegler & Associates LLP
Counselors at Law
570 Lexington Avenue, Suite 2405
New York, New York 10022
Telecopier (212) 319-7605
August 27, 2020
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as Depositary
383 Madison Avenue, Floor 11
New York, New York 10179
American Depositary Shares
evidenced by American Depositary Receipts
for deposited ordinary shares of
Tiziana Life Sciences plc
Referring to the Registration Statement on Form F-6 (the “Registration Statement”) relating to the above-entitled American Depositary Shares ("ADSs") evidenced by American Depositary Receipts ("ADRs"), each ADS representing seven ordinary shares of Tiziana Life Sciences plc (the "Company"), a corporation organized under the laws of England and Wales. Capitalized terms used herein that are not herein defined shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Deposit Agreement (as the same has been amended, the "Deposit Agreement") appearing, or incorporated by reference, in exhibit (a) to the Registration Statement.
In rendering the opinions set forth herein, we have assumed (i) the Deposit Agreement, on signing, will be duly authorized, executed and delivered by the Company and constitute a valid and legally binding obligation of the Company enforceable against it in accordance with its terms, (ii) the relevant Deposited Securities will have been legally issued and duly deposited with a Custodian under and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, (iii) that the choice of New York law contained in the Deposit Agreement is legal and valid under the laws of England and Wales, (iv) that insofar as any obligation under the Deposit Agreement is to be performed in, or by a party organized under the laws of, any jurisdiction outside of the United States of America, its performance will not be illegal or ineffective in any jurisdiction by virtue of the law of that jurisdiction, (v) that the registration statement for which the Deposit Agreement was filed, or incorporated by reference as an exhibit, was executed by all parties thereto in the manner required by the instructions to Form F-6, and (vi) the genuineness and authenticity of all signatures on original documents and the legal capacity, competency and authority of all such signatories.
Based upon and subject to the foregoing, we are of the opinion that the ADSs covered by the Registration Statement, when evidenced by ADRs that are duly executed and delivered by the Depositary and issued in accordance with the terms of the Deposit Agreement, will be validly issued and will entitle the registered holders thereof to the rights specified in the Deposit Agreement and those ADRs.
The foregoing opinion is limited to the internal laws of the State of New York and the Federal laws of the United States of America, and we are expressing no opinion as to the effect of the laws of any other jurisdiction.
This opinion letter deals only with the specified legal issues expressly addressed herein, and you should not infer any opinion that is not explicitly addressed herein from any matter stated in this letter.
Nothing contained herein or in any document referred to herein is intended by this firm to be used, and the addressee hereof cannot use anything contained herein or in any document referred to herein, as “tax advice” (within the meaning given to such term by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) in IRS Circular 230 and any related interpretative advice issued by the IRS in respect of IRS Circular 230 prior to the date hereof, and hereinafter used within such meaning and interpretative advice). Without admitting that anything contained herein or in any document referred to herein constitutes “tax advice” for any purpose, notice is hereby given that, to the extent anything contained herein or in any document referred to herein constitutes, or is or may be interpreted by any court, by the IRS or by any other administrative body to constitute, “tax advice,” such “tax advice” is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to any party any transaction or matter addressed herein.
We hereby consent to the use of this opinion as Exhibit d of the above-mentioned Registration Statement. In giving such consent, we do not admit thereby that we are within the category of persons whose consent is required under Section 7 of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. This opinion is rendered to you as of the date hereof and we assume no obligation to advise you or any other person hereafter with regard to any change after the date hereof in the circumstances or the law that may bear on the matters set forth herein even though the change may affect the legal analysis or a legal conclusion or other matters in this opinion letter.
Very truly yours,
/s/ Ziegler, Ziegler & Associates LLP
Certification under Rule 466
The depositary, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. represents and certifies the following:
(1) That it previously had filed a registration statement on Form F-6 (Tiziana Life Sciences plc 333- 227509) that the Commission declared effective, with terms of deposit identical to the terms of deposit of this registration statement.
(2) That its ability to designate the date and time of effectiveness under Rule 466 has not been suspended.
JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A., as Depositary
|By||/s/ Timothy E. Green|
Timothy E. Green